Ski The Canyons
Located in Park City, Utah, Canyons is Utah’s largest single ski and snowboard resort and the third largest in the USA. With 4,000 acres, 182 trails, 19 lifts, a 1.1 mile long terrain park, six natural half pipes, 5 diverse lodging properties, more than 15 dining venues, and two state-of-the-art spas, Canyons Resort is an easily accessible world-class mountain destination. Guests at Canyons will enjoy the full complement of enhancements implemented as part of the resort’s multi-million dollar re-creation project. The new look and feel of the resort includes the unveiling of a new base gathering called Ski Beach; a state-of-the-art, high-speed “Orange Bubble Express” quad chair lift complete with heated seats; a new direct-connect gondola; expanded terrain; vastly improved snowmaking capabilities and seven new dining venues. Canyons unveiled more on-mountain enhancements than any other ski resort in the country throughout 2011.
Reasons to Ski at Canyons
1. Unparalleled Access
Located just 30 minutes easy drive from Salt Lake International Airport which is serviced with over a hundred daily direct flights from many cities across the United States, including Los Angeles, San Francisco, Denver and Las Vegas. Canyons is also just 6 km from historic Main Street Park City, and is serviced by the complimentary Park City transit system to take you to Deer Valley and Park City Mountain Resort as well as factory outlets for shopping, and over 100 bars and restaurants.
2. Quality and Quantity of Snow
Averaging over 9 m of snow annually, and benefitting from the Alpine Desert climate, Canyons offers the perfect opportunity to ski and ride in the ultimate snow conditions whether it’s deep powder in the bowls, backcountry or the wide array of tree runs, or carving perfect turns on one of over 60 daily groomed runs.
3. No Crowds
Canyons Resort is Utah’s largest ski and snowboard resort and the third largest in the USA, but is still somewhat of a secret which is why you will never find any crowds or lift queues.
4. Multi-million Dollar Enhancements
Over the past 18 months, Canyons has invested tens of millions of dollars in resort enhancements including an additional 300 acres of ski terrain, 7 new dining venues, doubled snowmaking capacity, North America’s only heated seat, covered chairlift, and a lively Ski Beach with après music, drinks and an array of great food options.
5. Ultimate Dining Experiences
Canyons has Executive Chef and VP of Food and Beverage John Murcko designing fresh and innovative cuisine in each of our restaurants. He was recently voted Best Chef in Utah, and we boast the “Best On-Mountain Dining” at Lookout Cabin in addition to an array of new dining options.
Dining / Restaurants
Lead by award-winning Executive Chef John Murcko of the Talisker Restaurant Collection, Canyons
raises the bar on slope-side dining. With seven new restaurants opened in the 2010/2011
season at Canyons Resort, guests can enjoy many of Park City’s best restaurants right on the mountain.
- Heli-ski and snowboard trips from Canyons Resort into the backcountry
- Scenic Horse Drawn Sleigh Rides
- First Tracks program at Canyons gives you the chance to be on the mountain earlier than the general public.
- Groomer Ride-along - Take a 2-hour ride in a state-of-the-art snow cat with one of the highly trained team of operators.
- Groomer Ride and Drive - Not satisfied with just a ride-along? How about taking on a full 8-hour shift in one of the coolest machines on the mountain?
- Western BBQ - A western adventure you won't forget, ride a Gondola to the Red Pine Lodge for our Western BBQ complete with country band and line-dancing!
- Dog Sledding Tours - a unique adventure for the whole family with no age limit. Glide through the snow-covered meadows of the Wasatch Mountain Range in a dogsled pulled by a team of beautiful Siberian huskies.
- Fly Fishing - Catch the "Zen" as well as the fish on our half and full day trips
- Snowmobile Tours - Ride brand new Polaris snowmobiles over scenic, secluded, privately owned land. This thrilling adventure should be a "must!" Guides, transportation, and helmets provided. Powder jumpsuits and boots are available. Minimum age to ride is 5 years old.
Trail Map (click on the image to zoom)
The new gondola portal located immediately across the village center from the Cabriolet Lift creates a direct-connect gondola that transports guests from the center of the Resort Village to the Red Pine Lodge.
The unveiling of a ninth peak, Iron Mountain on the southern-most part of Canyons including a new detachable quad lift, provides guests with access to an additional 300 acres of northwestern-facing skiing and snowboarding terrain. The area includes 10 runs that range from intermediate to expert to gladed tree skiing. The Timberline chair lift also now allows guests to ride in either direction and provides easy access to the south side of Canyons.
Raising the bar on slope-side dining was a major part of the re-creation project at Canyons. Seven new restaurants, supported by Talisker’s award winning culinary team led by
Executive Chef John Murcko, were unveiled as part of the mountain enhancements. New
dining venues include The Farm, featuring seasonal, local cuisine sourced from growers
and artisans located within 200 miles of Park city; après ski favorite Red Tail Grill; Cloud
Dine, located at the top of DreamCatcher and DreamScape lifts and offering hearty and
healthy lunch fare; Umbrella Bar, a lively spot in the Resort Village serving gourmet hot
dogs; and three food carts including The Chocolate Bar with build-your-own hot chocolate,
Twist serving pretzels and Drift, a high-concept concession trailer offering Mediterranean
At 1.1 miles long, it is the longest park in Utah and has more jumps in one run than any other park in Utah. Amongst 50+ features, you will find fun for all ages and abilities in a sunny convenient location.
Guests can join complimentary mountain tours daily from the Red Pine guest services location at the top of the Red Pine Gondola.