- Amazing quantity and quality
- Champagne Powder Snow® is a Steamboat trademark
- Average snowfall 8.5m/339” per winter
Small Town, Big Mountain
- Genuine Old West America, not a purpose-built resort
- Friendly, sincere and welcoming natives
- Informal, relaxed and carefree atmosphere
- 2,965 acres/1,189 hectares, 18 lifts (including an 8-passenger gondola + 8 express chairs) and 165 trails.
- Great piste variety: 44% Expert/42% Intermediate/14% Beginner
- World-famous tree skiing
- Excellent snowboarding: trees, easy movement around the mountain, SoBe Terrain Park, Mavericks Superpipe, extensive natural freestyle terrain
- No crowding and no lift lines
- USD$16 million in on-mountain improvements for winter 2007-2008: Christie Peak Express 6-pack lift, Headwall regrade and more.
- Easy access through our Yampa Valley Regional Airport (HDN), only 37km away
- 20,000 guest beds, ranging from a humble B&B to AAA Four-Diamond luxury at the Steamboat Grand Resort Hotel, and plenty of slopeside accommodation
- A wealth of well-appointed self-catering apartments and two full-service supermarkets for provisioning
- More than 100 bars and restaurants for all tastes and budgets
- Attentive guest service at every turn
- Free city shuttles and affordable private transportation all over town
- Everything you expect-and more! Strawberry Park Hot Springs, winter horseback riding, ice driving school, hot air ballooning and all the usual winter activities
Great for Everyone
- Families: Skiing magazine says that Steamboat is ” the #1 Family Resort in the West,” Kids Ski Free, excellent childcare and teaching programs, Winter Carnival (early Feb), 10 cinema screens and of course, great snow!
- Couples: Great variety of bars and restaurants, spa packages, Guided Gourmet Snowshoe tour, romantic strolls along the Yampa River, and of course, great snow!
- Singles and groups: Big apartments with multiple beds, 100+ bars and restaurants, Strawberry Park Hot Springs and of course, great snow!