Silver Star Mountain Resort
Welcome to Silver Star Mountain Resort, located in the interior of Super Natural British Columbia, Canada's skiing and snowboarding mecca. This Resort offers 115-plus runs on 3,065 skiable acres/1240 hectares, serviced by over 12 modern lifts. Most notably, Silver Star annually enjoys over 700 cm (23 feet) of light, dry, powder snow. Combine that with an average temperature of -5C (23F) and the result is truly unbelievable skiing and boarding. From easy, cruiser-friendly Vance Creek to expert-haven Putnam Creek, there is literally something for everyone. With its rare mid-mountain location, this uniquely colourful village offers a variety of fantastic ski-in, ski-out access.
||1,240 hectares (3,065 acres)
||8 km (5 miles)
||115 designated trails
|Types of Lifts
||12 lifts total including a 6-passenger express chair lift, 2 high speed quads, 2 fixed grip quads, a double chair and 5 surface lifts
||14,000 riders per hour
||700cm (23”) of powder
||105 kms of trails
||On average over 2,000 hours of sunshine a year!
|| Easiest 20%
|| More Difficult 50%
|| Most Difficult 20%
|| Extreme 10%
Dining, Fun and Relaxation
Silver Star has a wide variety of dining options from casual comfort food to fine dining. Savour traditional Swiss cuisine, tasty pasta dishes and romantic casual dining overlooking the village. Silver Star also has some of the best on-mountain coffee bars with fresh baking every day.
For something different, climb aboard the twelve passenger snow-cat machine Paradise Express and travel from the village centre to Paradise Camp, a rustic cabin atop Silver Star’s Putnam Creek. The Express treks throughout the mountain under moonlit skies, giving you a true groomer’s perspective. Once at Paradise Camp, you will be greeted by friendly staff along with wonderful aromas emanating from the kitchen. Enjoy fine wines, tables lit by lanterns and a sumptuous a la carte menu offering a variety of fare sure to suit all palettes.
Whatever mood you are in, Silver Star has plenty of evening entertainment to suit you and your family. From rustic pub style bars and lounges to live entertainment at The Den Bistro & Bar, the only hard thing will be deciding what to choose.
Why not stroll along the distinctive boardwalk and check out some quaint boutique shops for souvenirs? Be sure to visit Ski Dazzle and Valhalla for great deals on fashion wear and the latest equipment. There is even a grocery and liquor store in the heart of the village offering some of the renowned Okanagan Valley wines.
There are so many exciting activities at Silver Star, you’ll want to extend your holiday just to fit them all in. Whether you want to test your prowess on the mountain, trying out "hero powder" on the double black diamond runs, or just relax beside a romantic stone fireplace, the choices are endless. At Adventure Park, you can speed downhill on truck-sized inner tubes, the kids can ride their own snowmobile and Brewer's Pond is ideal for a classic Canadian game of hockey or a leisurely ice skate. If you are looking for something different, why not view the scenery around Silver Star's beautiful village on a thrilling snowmobile ride through the picturesque snow covered trees? Or perhaps you’d prefer to discover the natural wilderness of the mountain on an unforgettable guided snowshoe tour or sleigh ride. Whatever you choose to do, you will have a fantastic time at this world class resort. Silver Star has something for everyone. Whether you want to relax, unwind or experience the thrill of the mountain, you’ll find it all at Silver Star. More...
Lift Pass Specials
- Buy 5 or 6 days lift pass, receive 1 additional day Free.
- Buy 7, 8 or 9 Days Lift Passes, receive 2 additional days Free
- Buy 10 or more Days Lift Passes, receive 4 additional days Free
- Kids Ski Free. Kids 12 years and under ski for free. Minimum 5 night stay & 4 day lift required.
Rental Equipment Specials
- Buy 5 or 6 days of regular ski or snowboard package rental, receive 1 additional day Free.
- Buy 7, 8 or 9 Days of regular ski or snowboard package rental, receive 2 additional days Free
- Buy 10 or more Days of regular ski or snowboard package rental, receive 4 additional days Free
- Buy 5 or 6 days of kid’s full day group lessons, receive 1 additional day Free.
- Buy 7, 8 or 9 Days of kid’s full day group lessons, receive 2 additional days Free
- Buy 10 or more Days of kid’s full day group lessons, receive 4 additional days Free
Conditions apply for Lift, Rental and Lesson Specials. Please call us for details.
Snowbird Lodge, Firelight Lodge, Vance Creek, Chilcoot, & Silver Creek Lodges
Early Bird Specials.
- Stay for 7 nights/pay for only 6 nights
- Stay for 10 nights/pay for only 8 nights
- Stay for 14 nights/pay for only 11 nights
Book by 30 November 2013. Conditions apply. Please call us for details.
Accommodation & Lift Package Specials
- Stay for 7 Nights / Pay for 5 nights & receive 2 days Free Lift Passes
- Stay for 10 Nights / Pay for 8 nights & receive 2 days Free Lift Passes
- Stay for 14 Nights / Pay for 10 nights & receive 4 days Free Lift Passes
Valid at Snowbird Lodge, FireLight Lodge, Vance Creek, Chilcoot, & Silver Creek Lodges plus others. Book by 14 October 2013. Conditions apply. Please contact us for details.
Some conditions, seasonality and restrictions on combinability may apply to the above specials. Please contact us for full details.